
Faith isn't the ability to believe long and far into the misty future.
It's simply taking God at His Word and taking the next step.
- Joni Erickson Tada
I am currently reading a book which I randomly picked from the shelves at Tampines library. I borrowed it without even looking at the cover and stuffed it in my bag. I am thankful for my hands for picking out this book because as I read this book last night, I think it is really an awesome book.
Soul Searching by Lisa Rowe Fraustino , which consists of thirteen stories about faith and belief.
Before you think I'm going to do a book review or something close to that, let me assure you it's not. Out of these thirteen stories, I really like Words of Faith by David Lubar. It really reflects my life a lot, the main character is just like me. I really wish I can write out the whole story here, but that will be really too long )=
I've been going to church with my mum since I was 5. I remember attending classes with those young kids and I remember the adults will ask us to describe to them how God looks like. I remember telling them God is like a giant and he lives in the skies. I remember that I have to colour Jesus and I'm not sure why other kids colour Jesus in shades of blue and purple.
Suddenly, my mum stopped going to church, that's when I stopped going to church. My mum told me to never ever step into any church again and I must not ever baptise.
When I turned 10 years old, I met my wonderful sort of step siblings, Cassandra, Benjamin and Daryl. They brought me to City Harvest church and I grew in love with the church. I go to the church every week and I even pulled Tay Xi along when I turned 12.
I remember Tay Xi always giving excuses that she's tired and so on. Soon, I heard rumors about the church and I admit that I became a backslider.
I don't read the word of God, I pray no more and I don't worship Him.
Of course, I stopped going to church.
I know it's unfair that my mistrust in the church led to me in losing faith, but I can't help it )=
Still, witnessing the tsunami in Japan on youtube and on the news, can't stop me praying for them. It's been long since I connected with God, but I know it's a must to pray for all the victims. I pray for everyone in the world, the affected and the unaffected countries, the poor, the rich, the sick, the healthy, every child, every men and every women to stay together and safe.
I don't care if Singapore gets hit by the tsunami, I just pray that no other countries will get hit. I pray for the victims in Japan to be safe. I pray for my friends' friends in Japan to stay safe. Right now, pray by Justin Bieber really suits my mood.
No comments:
Post a Comment