Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy birthday grandma! (:

Today is the 21st of July, the birthday of my late grandmother.

Sadly, I do not have any photos of her in my laptop. But I do know that she is always in my heart, someone whom I will never forget.

I remember the times that we spent together since I was young. My grandpa and her will always bring me out to the park to play because I was a very active girl. Both my gramps will always fly to and fro from Indonesia to Singapore just to visit us.

My grandma will always give me lots of extra pocket money and warn me not to tell my mum about it. It wasn't like our family was in financial problems or anything, but my grandma wanted me to have extra money to pamper myself although she doesn't have enough for her own.

Many illnesses set in and ruined her health. She had almost every illness that you can think of - Breast cancer, heart problems, aching in her body, etc. Subsequently, she wasn't even able to walk properly.

During my immature years, I'll always ask her to tie my hair for me although she was already so sick. At times like these, I'll even ask her to cook our meals for us because I simply love her cooking, but I didn't think if she was healthy enough to even cook for us.

And no, she doesn't complain at all. She just did everything that she can to make us happy.

No one can describe how much her love was for me, for us and for my family. She was weak in her health, but she was strong as a woman, keeping our family united although my relatives stay in Indonesia while we stay in Singapore. I can't express how I feel into words. I know she's my everything, and I really really love her a lot.

Until one of the days when I was in Cambodia on a school trip, my teacher passed me the school's mobile phone to contact our family. I was very happy because I was the first one to call home. I dialed my mum's mobile number excitedly and waited for it to ring.

To my horror, it wasn't the normal ringing tone when we make a call to Singapore. It went *beep, beep, beep* instead and I know immediately that my mum wasn't in Singapore. I was very puzzled. Why wasn't she in Singapore?

Once she picked up the phone, I excitedly told her that I was calling back from Cambodia and will be coming back soon. However, there was silence on the other end of the line, and suddenly I heard sobbing and sniffing.

My mum cried and told me, "Desiree, your grandma fell down and went into a deep coma. She will never wake up anymore, she left us..."

I was devastated. I didn't even have the chance to say goodbye to her and I will never even have the chance to see her body get cremated because I was in Cambodia. I didn't even sleep for days after this incident and I was always thinking about her.

My grandma and I used to joke about me having a husband in the future. I always tell her that I'll be capable enough to take good care of my husband and even support him so that he can stay at home and do housework for me. My grandma will always tell me that this is impossible, and she will keep laughing at my silly jokes.

She promised me that she'll live long enough to even witness my wedding and so on. But that will never happen.

Still, she is a really good grandma, no one else can replace her in my heart. So, happy birthday奶奶! I just want to tell you that I miss you a lot and I really love you♥ & here is a song that I want to dedicate specially to her :D



Slipped away - Avril Lavigne


Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you, miss you so bad
I don't forget you, oh it's so sad
I hope you can hear me
I remember it clearly


The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same

Oh

Na na na na na na na

I didn't get around to kiss you
Goodbye on the hand
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't


Oh
I hope you can hear me cause I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Oh

I had my wake up
Won't you wake up
I keep asking why
And I can't take it
It wasn't fake
It happened, you passed by

Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go
Somewhere I can't bring you back
Now you are gone, now you are gone

There you go, there you go,
Somewhere you're not coming back

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same no..
The day you slipped away
Was the day that I found it won't be the same oh...

Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment