
Today, my mum just sat beside me at the couch and casually talked about relationships when I asked her if I could invite Kay Wee over for dinner. I was, honestly, dumbfounded and speechless, when my mum told me that I am allowed to have a relationship if the boy is to my liking. I very much wanted to tell her I am attached and I was so excited to almost tell her everything about Kay Wee but something stopped me. I told her he is only my best friend because I couldn't understand one thing.
My mum told me the reason for allowing me to be in a relationship was because I would be very much curious about relationships at my age, and she allows me to try. Well, she wants me to experience hurt and all the bullshit, I understand. I understand what my mother wants. This just tells me one thing - My mum doesn't believe in love at young age because we are not that mature yet. I don't understand how that works at all.
I've always believed that everyone knows how to love no matter how old we are. God created us this way. We are born to love. Love comes in many forms. If we know how to love our parents like how we should, if we know how to love our neighbours like how we should, if we know how to love our enemies like how we should, if we know how to love our friends like how we should and if we know how to love God like how we should, I believe we know how to fall in love like how we should, regardless of age.

Kids. I believe that love can blossom even if we are just kids. Love happens anytime and anywhere. Even if we meet that someone special recently, we can just fall in love with that person right away. I believe that God have chosen our partners for us and even planned on when our soulmates would appear in our lives. I've seen people who are together with their first loves, the ones whom they met when they were just... kids. That is something I really envy about because as a kid, I've always dreamed of being in a relationship with someone once and for all. But... *laughs* I've passed that phase.
I'd just want to voice out my views. I think everyone should know the difference between relationships and love. Relationship is a commitment and a status while love is a feeling, something that is inexplicable. I don't see how love = relationship and how not being in a relationship does not mean there is no presence of love.Love comes and goes easily without having both parties to work hard for, but a relationship requires both parties to work hard for it.

So, everyone knows how to love. The only thing that is difficult are relationships. I agree that everyone knows how to love, but not everyone knows how to keep relationships going. Maybe if my mum didn't link love to relationships, I'd tell her everything as honestly as I could. Hmmm... but maybe I mistook her meaning.
But oh well, to all the brokenhearted out there and especially you, the one who hasn't forgotten your ex and is still tweeting about how much you can't forget him, it doesn't mean that being in a relationship for a short period of time shows that there is no love at all. You could be in a relationship for a day, but the love there can be as great as any other couples out there. Give yourself time and don't lose hope. Be glad that you were once in a beautiful relationship. Who knows? Maybe God put him in your life once to teach you many valuable lessons and then, you might grow to someone much more worthy of greater love. My dearest friend, be patient with everything♥
No comments:
Post a Comment