Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Honestly, I am really annoyed by the facebook posts on Valentine's Day.

People are constantly posting about how they will be alone on this day with the #foreveralone tag.

I am annoyed not because of the amount of posts surfacing on social sites. I am annoyed because I beg to differ.

From what I learnt from church last weekend, how Valentine's Day came about was pretty interesting. A man, named Valentine, proceeded with secret wedding ceremonies for the people because the king didn't allow young men to get married. Of course, he was sadly, heavily punished for this act. That is all I could summarise from what I recalled from Pastor's Kong preaching. And yes, Valentine's Day might seem to be for lovers only.

NO! NO! NO! I feel that Valentine's Day is just a day to celebrate the wonderful deeds of Valentine. First of all, no one is alone. We have our family and friends with us, those who have gone on a very long journey with us. Secondly, I feel that Valentine's Day is another normal day. Why only do something special for your partner on this day when everyday can be like Valentine's Day? Lastly, no one will be forever alone because I believe that God will never let us be alone this way.

So to all my dear friends on twitter and facebook, you are never alone!

But I'd just like to wish every single one a happy Valentine's Day! May all couples continue to love one another and experience everlasting love, and may all the singles find their partners soon! As for me, I guess I will have a wonderful magical moment! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment