Thursday, March 15, 2012

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger


Today seems to change almost everything. Our results have been released. I must say that I am one of the dumbest students to register for the SMS subscription. But I guess I am one who wants to suffer the pain first rather than waiting anxiously for whatever that may happen. So, today marks the start of our new year. After seeing our results, some of us were elated, some of us were depressed, some of us were determined to work harder in year 2 while some of us felt like giving up.

But here's a quote I'd like to share with everyone who happens to read this:

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill

It does not mean that by getting good results right now, we do not have to work hard in the next few semesters. Do not ever be complacent because we can never predict the future. It does not mean that by getting sucky results, it's the end of the world for us. I believe that there is always a way out for everyone. It just matters if we will ever have the courage to strive.

So, do not ever give up because miracles can happen, and miracles do happen. (:

Anyway, this week passed like a breeze. Tuesday was spent cooking at my house for dear, my brother and myself. Once again, I said I would be the cook of the day, but dear and my brother took the lead. And once again, I said I would clear the dishes but dear ended up being the one cleaning everything. I am a pampered girl ): We cooked omelette rice, using one of the recipes I found online. We ended up cooking more than we needed. Sadly, no pictures to share ):

Wednesday was spent going for a job interview with Tay Xi! We travelled all the way to Starbucks at Wisma Atria for our job interview. We got the job and even started training on the spot. Oh yes, we are now promoters of some hair staighteners and hair curlers!

Look at our curls!

And other than today being the release of results day, it was the first month anniversary of being with Tan Kay Wee. I am really blessed to have this best friend, boyfriend, irritant and whatever he can be in my life! We spent our day going to Sentosa for our little date without going to any of the tourist attractions. HOW COOL IS THAT? :D


Happy one month anniversary, my love!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment