I've seen all the harsh Facebook and Youtube comments on this man. From all these typical Singaporeans' response, some of them threatened to beat him up, some blamed the passengers on the bus for not helping, some blamed the old lady for this incident, some claimed to bring down their gangs to find him (HAHA -.-) and most of them blamed this young man. Who wouldn't?
I don't know what works in the mind of this young man. I don't understand how a small mistake of an old woman can trigger his anger to the extent where he pushed her off the bus. I mean... yelling at her like this is already wrong. I understand if one can get irritated because of her late bell pressing, but wow... I don't really understand how this man can resort to such tactics!
But then again, has anyone heard his side of the story?
This man, Alex Ong, claimed that he is suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder, depression and many other illnesses which cause him to act this way. He claimed that he grew up in a society where he is always bullied and unwanted by others. And yes, he blamed the society for making him this way.
I know, I know... you will think this is an excuse. But... what if it is true?
Sometimes, people tend to block out every other thing that they do not wish to hear when they stand at one side of the story. With many supporting the old woman, who will actually bother to hear this young man's side of the story? All they can think of is how immoral this act is. How often do you see a man pushing off an old woman off the bus? Precisely. It is deviant (Oh gosh, I finally got to use this term I learnt from Sociology) and that is why people are hating so much on him.
I don't know if this man's story is true. Furthermore, this video is obviously not a full video of the whole incident. But I guess it's the fault of both sides. Well, we should all look at both sides first before siding with anyone. I truly sympathize with this young man's story and of course, I feel sorry for the old woman.
But... sigh. Maybe society is really able to drive someone crazy :/
No comments:
Post a Comment