Friday, June 1, 2012

Hopesless, helpless, loveless

I met this friend of mine after having lunch with Kay Wee in school for a little while. We had a mini heart to heart talk. It wasn't so much of me talking because I was playing the role of a listener. The troubles and problems are those that were mentioned on our last phone call, which took place about a week ago. A short 30 minutes of conversation made me drift into thoughts of my own.

Firstly, I'd like to say HELLO to my dearest friend, that is if you are reading my blog.

Our conversation started off with our life routines accompanied by some calamari and fries. School, school and school. What can I say? School has been fun for me for the past one year and two months, but not for the case of my friend. She told me about her classmates about a week ago and I honestly didn't believe that there can be such people around in polytechnics. But after noticing the behavior of her classmates who passed by our table today, I must say that there are really such people around - People who are judgmental based on the outer surface of others.

So far, I've not come across people like them in my course. Yes, humans are judgmental. I am judgmental sometimes, but not to the extent like her classmates. People like them laugh at others who are not in their league. If others are fat, they mock. If others dress weirdly, they mock. If others are quiet, they mock. But then again, I, too, have no rights to judge them either.

"Polytechnic is where you will get judged for who you are not and hated for no particular reason", a friend told me before I enroll myself into TP. That is really true, and I have no idea why. But I think society is that messed up to have people thinking and acting this way. Like I told my friend, she'd be better off in another class because it seems like 85% of her class belongs to this particular clique. -_-

And then we moved on to the topic of her sister, which is something I have yet to be convinced on. The acts of her sister seem particularly eccentric that I usually only get to see such things on DRAMATIC dramas. I began to think about the motives of her sister and wonder why she is acting this way. I don't know much about her and so again, I am unable to make comments on this. But today's conversation made me realise how important a family can be. I don't know about the upbringing of her family. But it seems like everything goes haywire after a big turning point in her family.

I can feel the sadness of her father. I can feel the tiredness of her family. I can feel the helplessness and hopelessness of the family. But then, I can also feel the love of the father. I hope that all these will be resolved pretty soon and that the family will be united once again.

All I can think of is that the society needs love. If people don't love us, we should love them more to receive more love from the others. We should share and spread the love around. Maybe society will not be that ugly anymore if love revolves around us.

And sometimes, I feel so helpless for not being able to help a friend in such plights.

No comments:

Post a Comment