Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Blue.


I admit I have a very weird circle of friends. I have friends who are lesbians, gays, smokers, gangsters, adults who are really many years older than me, and many other categories which people do not really hang out with. 

Parents are usually the ones who will forbid their children to hang out with these people and for that, I understand. I understand what they are thinking. 

But you are not my parent. I understand where you are coming from but I would really like to remind you that such people who belong to these 'categories' are humans too. They have feelings just like you and they are really as nice as the people you think who are fit to socialise with you. There are definitely reasons why some people turned to this path, haven't you learn in Sociology last semester? Maybe if you have the chance next time, sit with them over a cup of coffee and talk about their lives and then tell me how you will not be friends with them.

Don't forget, my dear, I was one of them too. I don't see how I will get influenced by them and the only reason I could think of is you don't trust me (again).

Why do you always give me the impression that you don't value friendships?

No comments:

Post a Comment