Sunday, September 11, 2011

I need salvation

A dear friend of mine made me google what is 'kongming' because he was going on and on about it but I couldn't make a head or tail of it. I googled a few images and saw these really beautiful images. It is a pity that I don't study Chinese history and my friend had to mock me, but these lanterns are really beautiful.

I don't remember seeing such lanterns being released in Singapore. I only remember seeing them in Chinese dramas. If I am not wrong, they have to make a wish before releasing them into the sky. It is rumoured that their wishes will be answered this way.

And then, it reminded me of the short extract from Rapunzel: A Tangled Tale, where Rapunzel and Flynn Rider released their lanterns in the open sea because she was always wondering why the city was always releasing lanterns on her birthday.


That is really the most beautiful scene in the movie itself. It could make you cry and smile at the same time while you think of lots of things.

Just like my friend, I need a 'kongming' lantern now, or any other type of miracles, because I need a miracle to change my life, to get me away from all the unhappiness. I want to be just like the girl I once was ):

No comments:

Post a Comment