Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Thank you for making me laugh, sweet memories.


Can we forget the people who came into our lives?

It seems really impossible because I remember everyone who came into my life. Of course, maybe I can't remember their names already. But I still do remember of their existence, and maybe one or two sentences that they said to me. It seems really impossible because everyone I know became part of my life; they are etched in my memories.

And up till this stage, I have known people from different countries or places who really look alike and the scariest part is they have the same character. I remember people used to say that every 7 people created in the world will look alike.

And I remember finding someone who really look like me via Shafna's facebook status, that was just plain scary.

When I was in Primary One, I went to Indonesia for my studies. Honestly, everything there was easy as ABC, and that was where I was introduced to God. The school I went to was Pelangi Kasih, it means 'Rainbow Give' in Bahasa Indonesia. Until today, I don't really know what is the meaning of its name because I never get to see the motto of the school.

And there, I got to know a really wonderful teacher. His name is Uncle Sur. Well, we don't call the teachers there by Miss/Madam or Mr. We call them Aunties and Uncles. Uncle Sur was my Math and Science teacher. He was my most favourite teacher in Pelangi Kasih.

He taught me many things about life. Maybe without him, I wouldn't be really who I am today. The values and beliefs he taught me are still in me today, they are always a part of me. And being a curious child, I remember asking him tons and tons of questions on really stupid things, and he always spend his time after school answering all my stupid questions until my chauffeur came to pick me up.

And I got my very first bible from him. It was a children bible filled with Bahasa Indonesia words. Although I am not very good at the language, I find myself trying my best to read it every night with the help of my mum's guidance.

Apart from his really good character, he is a very strict teacher. He gave us piles and piles of homework and always 'bomb' us really difficult questions. Maybe without him, I wouldn't master the skills of multiplication in just Primary One.

I remember getting punished frequently because I can't do multiplication in school. After all, Indonesia's and Singapore's education system is really different. In Singapore, we only start multiplication and Science in Primary Three, whereas everything in Indonesia starts in Primary One.

And it was sad to leave my friends, my teachers and especially Uncle Sur in Indonesia.

When I went up to Primary Five in Singapore, I was even more shocked to find myself sitting in the class of Mr Seow, the teacher who looks and acts like Uncle Sur. They are just a replica of each other right? :o

Trust me, one way to smile is to look back at happy memories, something you don't want to forget. You may cry at the end of every story you thought of, but at least you smiled in some other way.

And I enjoy doing that. Reliving memories of my childhood. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment