Friday, October 21, 2011

Something I always wanted to do

Warning: A long post ahead!!!

It seems like a long time since I went online properly. What I meant by 'properly' is leaving facebook and twitter as my tabs and camping at other websites like Youtube. And not to forget MSN, one that I'd literally die without.

Our timetable for Semester Two is out already. My CDS is Japanese and I don't know if I should be happy about it or not because although Isha and I have the same CDS, we are not in the same class ): And my timetable is not really satisfactory, but I guess it should be manageable.


But with everyone having different timetables from now on, I really wonder if our class will still stay as united as before :/

Today was indeed beyond remarkable. I reluctantly woke up from my sleep after 2 wake up calls from Kay Wee and annoying spamming of my doorbell by him. I went to greet him in my pyjamas while hugging my pig soft toy in my arms. He should really feel honored for being able to see that 'unseen' side of me. And he was carrying lots and lots of groceries.

I quickly went to take a shower and then toasted garlic bread for both of us, before attempting on our English homework. After much procrastination, both of us decided not to do our English homework. (I'll explain why in another post) We blasted music and then at about noon, we went to meet Teck Jin who was waiting for us me opposite Pasir Ris Secondary School.

The walk in the rain was quite satisfying. Although I really can't stand cold water, getting drenched a little by the rain accompanied by the cool breeze was simply amazing. Perhaps I should start loving rain now! So, we met up with Teck Jin and passed him Macroeconomic notes and then we went back to my house to cook!

If you didn't know, both of us decided to do this little cooking competition. We decided to make bento meal for each other. It is actually quite obvious who will win because I have no cooking experience or whatsoever. Nevertheless, I did have fun and I learnt a lot of things!

I shall let the pictures do the talking then :D

Kay Wee asked me to shred/peel/scrap (I don't know what the proper term is for vegetables) off the cucumber skin. I have no idea why I followed his instructions because after shredding/peeling/scrapping off the skin, I remembered that there wasn't a need to =.=

But whatever! Check out my greenish smile :D


And Kay Wee was busy cutting broccoli. I DECORATED THIS!


Kay Wee decided to make seafood Bento for me, so I have prawns and squids (:





And he started cooking the squids with lots and lots of onions
The end product!



He fried while I seasoned the Japanese rice


And then it was my turn to cook. I have not much ingredients because Kay Wee is really picky. He can't eat seafood. He don't like carrots and cucumbers. And out of all the ingredients I have, only eggs and broccoli are the ones he could actually eat. My brother came back just in time to teach me how to make scrambled eggs, or Tamago for that case. YES, I KNOW! It's my very first time frying an egg in my whole entire life. ):

Realising poor Kay Wee doesn't have much to eat, my brother and I went down to buy chips and Campbell's Cream Of Mushroom soup to sort of make his bento more colorful or some sort. And then Kay Wee fried prawns and fries and we were done!

So here's my brother's lunch that we made for him because we have so much food left

And here's Kay Wee's bento for me

Ingredients: Japanese rice, scrambled egg, cucumber, prawns, broccoli and squid

And my bento that I prepared for him.

*drumrolls*













TA-DAA!


Ingredients: Japanese rice, seaweed, broccoli, chips, cucumber and eggs.

Out of all the ingredients, I only contributed in the eggs, chips, cucumber and rice. Okay fine, I know I really suck at cooking. But if he isn't allergic to seafood, I am sure I can cook better! Oh well, who am I kidding? I can't even fry an egg )'=

So here I am smiling for having such a wonderful bento
And here is Kay Wee wondering, "Can this even be eaten?"

Bleah. Whatever. After finishing my lunch and him not finishing his lunch, we washed all the utensils and cleaned the kitchen. Please look at the number of plates we have to wash ):


But hey, we washed everything! :D

After our wonderful or not-so-wonderful lunch, we headed off to Pasir Ris Park because I've been wanting to go to the beach! My main objective was to see the sunset. The bus ride was fun because I found out that Kay Wee was afraid of pokes. So, I ended up poking him many times in the bus (:



Once we reached Pasir Ris Park, we went havoc in the playground















And because it's still quite a long way to the sunset, we decided to take a stroll down the park. Halfway getting through it, Kay Wee's slipper broke and he had to walk barefooted on one leg to search for a shop that sells slippers. We went to the newly opened Sports Complex but there were none there, and so we had to walk to Interchange. Poor Kay Wee got his toe injured but thank God, we found slippers and plasters.

After getting his slippers, washing his legs and putting his plaster, we headed back to the playground area again, hoping to see the sunset. But there was no sunset at all ): So we sat at the huge rock, ate chips and talked. We also played with the sand and the sea.




Lookie look! I found a crab!














I have no idea how his camera did this. But it actually did it. The sky is just simply amazing. Is that what you call Vanilla Twilight?♥

Because it was getting late, we left the beach at 7.30pm and headed back to Tampines with lots of poking and pinching on the way back =.= Dropped by at his block because he finally decided to give me the gift he got for me from Jakarta.

And all I got was a half eaten Kit Kat. That was meant to be a joke, but no one should ever eat Kit Kat in front of me without offering it to me! KIT KAT IS THE MOST DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD! Oh well, when he sent me back to the tenth floor, he passed me my gift. It is a bangle which he claimed he did it.

And when I reached my apartment, Kay Wee's text came in and that sent me on a treasure hunt in my room to find my second gift. He actually hid it in my room secretly. ROAR! But his gifts actually moved me... ALMOST to tears.

No, not because of the bangle. Actually, he didn't even do it -.- It was the picture. He brought back the entire Jakarta back for me because I was dying to visit it again T.T But I still think my Monopoly Deal for his birthday present is as awesome as his gift because it has a sentimental meaning too! :D

This time, I will make a note to self to keep it properly. Thank you (:

No comments:

Post a Comment