Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Society is indeed f-ed up

And so today yesterday, I found out I lost Kay Wee's letter for my birthday this year. I am really saddened by it because I really cherish all my friends' gifts, notes and letters to me. But I have no idea how his can be lost because I remember keeping it safely ): I shall continue to find it today.

Actually I'm here to blog about the accident in China. If you hadn't heard of it, I suggest you to take a look at this video


At first, I got to know this piece of news from the internet. I read the articles online and I felt angry. This thing has been going viral on twitter, facebook and of course, youtube. I only got to see this video a few minutes ago because I finally plucked up the courage to watch it.

It's not enjoyable watching a little girl being in an accident, right? ~.~

Well, here are my thoughts.

This is pure cruelty. I don't understand how the 18 passers-by could just walk past, glanced at the poor girl who was lying in a pool of blood, and then walked away again. Maybe they didn't know that a car knocked her down or something, but I'm sure the blood was already as obvious enough to show that this was an emergency, right?

I have no idea what were the people thinking. I even sat down for a while, put myself in their shoes and tried to think of reasons to shield them. But no, I couldn't think of a single one. I don't see how people can't see the girl when she is not that small. The video is so freaking far away, but we can see her clearly. So I guess people who were walking past her could see her clearly when they were just a few steps away right? And it's not like that area of that town was pitch dark. The lighting was so bright that I could see EVERYTHING in the video.

Tsk. And even if anyone was afraid to help, I'm sure just by taking out their mobile phones to dial 911 would help by a tiny bit. I don't understand why these people can't be bothered to stop by and just to help a little. I don't see them rushing off to anywhere. I don't see them in a rush. I'm sure they can just stop by for a few seconds and save her life.

It is only after a 57 year old female rubbish collector attended to the little girl, then help was given.

I am seriously outraged.

What has our society become to? Is it beyond salvation? I totally can't believe how people in China are that heartless. I've seen stories of animals saving one another in huge disasters. I have read stories of how dogs saved their owners during tsunamis. I have watched shows on how dolphins saved people who were trapped in the sea. It just looks like the people in China are worse than animals.

They can't even be compared to dogs.

But you know, if our society has really become like this, I'd rather have the '2012 apocalypse' to happen. I don't know if there is such thing as the afterlife or reincarnation. But if there is, I would rather suffer 10 times in Hell than to live in a society with such people. Where is your humanity? -.-

But then again, I really wonder if Singaporeans would act the same way. Face it, most Singaporeans have this ' I don't care ' attitude. Yes, Singaporeans are famous for being kaypo (inquisitive), but they are only busybodies when it comes to something interesting. Who knows? Maybe when they see accidents like these happen, they might just walk away too because they are too 'busy' to even care.

I really want to pray for that little girl. She is only two years old, but she has to suffer at such a young age. She hasn't even start her life proper, and no one wants to give her a chance to live life. I know what comes around goes around. I really hope karma will get to the driver soon. And I hope all the 18 passers-by will live their lives in guilt and regret.

Sadly, the girl is pronounced brain dead. But I'll still pray for her.

The only thing that I know of is that I will help the little girl, if I see her lying on the road in this manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment