Saturday, November 12, 2011

8. Something I am currently worrying about

#Challenge 8- Something you are currently worrying about

I have not told this to anyone. But because of this challenge, I decided to pour everything out here on this little page of mine. I really want to keep this to myself, but I couldn't find a better answer for this challenge. So... *big sigh* Here it goes!

It was only until a few days ago, I was told that my stepfather's mother has a cancer relapse.

I was shocked because not of her relapse, but I didn't even know that she had cancer. She looked healthy to me, at least for someone who doesn't look like she has cancer. Come to think of it, it's funny that my first reaction is shock rather than sadness.

That is because I was never close to her. Sadly, I don't regard her as my kin. We are not related by blood and I don't see her often. I always reluctantly call her 奶奶 (grandma) whenever I see her. But yes, she is a good grandmother. Although we have no relations or whatsoever, she always makes sure I am well fed and have things to do when I visit her.

I'm not cold blooded though. The sadness sets in after that. I was told that she was getting weaker day by day and she has to seek treatment immediately. I know about the pain one has to go through during chemotherapy, I hope she has the strength to survive.

I don't know why, but I have a strong feeling that something bad will happen really soon. And so, I worry for whatever is coming. I sincerely pray that she will get well soon, And I hope that I'll be prepared for... whatever is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment