Soon, the two girls arrived and we made our way to Singapore Flyer. As usual, we did the fundraising event again. Business was really bad. But I had fun selling and slacking at the venue itself. When Alvin gave us free tickets to board the Singapore Flyer and I got two rings for $5 as a gift from Aunty Dorraine (I'm not sure how to spell it) , the excitement was inexplicable :D
We stopped business early because of the rain and lack of customers. We spent the evening talking about Youthreach's workload and other counselling matters. It really made me wonder about lots of things. I wondered about how I became what I am today. I wondered how my siblings became what they are today. I wondered how ugly the society has become. And, I wondered how I would be if my family wasn't so shattered.
The rest left at about 715pm, while Kay Wee and I went for dinner at Suntec. We saw Winson Yung there and his appearance honestly shocked me. We made our way back to Singapore Flyer, and you know what? We were denied access because the tickets were expired T.T
It's not the first time Youthreach gave us expired stuff. Sigh.
But Alvin clarified with us and told us it was a misunderstanding. He said he'll call the office and ask because he remembered asking them to extend the expiry date. Honestly, I don't really care if I could board the Singapore Flyer or not. It doesn't matter because I feel that we did nothing much to deserve the free tickets.
We went back to Tampines instead and saw a bright glowing thing at the sky. I am very sure it wasn't a star or a plane because other passersby were pointing at it too. It seems oddly strange to everyone. But I guess that's what makes the day special too. (:
No comments:
Post a Comment