
Yes, I am a Christian.
I do not know how many times have I posted about this, but I guess I am going to talk about this again.
I was sort of born in a Christian background. When I was about 4 years old, my mum brought me to church every week. I attended children's church and I could still remember how much I enjoyed myself every time. They will tell us stories about God and even let us picture how God look like in our mind. It was just splendid.
When I was about six, I went over to Indonesia to study. My mum enrolled me into a Christian school. All my classmates were Christians and they were so enthusiastic about God. Every Monday, there's bible study in the school and I attended regularly.
When I came back to Singapore, I attended City Harvest since I was 9 years old. I attended until I was about 13 years old because my ex boyfriend didn't allow me to go back to City Harvest. As the years passed, I drifted away from God. To make matters worse, the horrible events in my life made me lose faith in God. I was thinking if God was that good, why is He letting me lead such a terrible life? Why isn't He there to help me?
But as I grow older, I see the power of God. It's always at times like these, friends of mine will try to bring me back to church. I don't know if it was just coincidental, but such things have happened many times. I don't tell my friends that I stopped attending church or my fire for God has died. But somehow, there will always be people preaching to me about God and telling me to go back to church. And sometimes, I feel that I have to read the word of God, and when I opened my bible, the verses seem to always hint to me to go back to God.
I came to realise that I was foolish in the past. Maybe because I was young, I always have the perception that I believe strongly in Christ just because I was born in a Christian background. But I can't explain how much I am grateful and thankful for having such friends.
Right now, I am back to God's side and I will never leave again.
No comments:
Post a Comment