Saturday, December 31, 2011

Count my blessings


I am thankful for these gifts in my life.

I always love to end my year with this post. I always like to name it ‘count my blessings’ and then blog a really lengthy post. Oh well, I didn’t really do one last year because I was too busy. But yes, I took out the time to write this really long post. I always believe that it is predestined that we meet our friends. God has given us wonderful gifts in our lives. I am really thankful for that. I don’t care if the people I thank will be reading this. All I want to do is to say ‘thank you’.

In no particular order, here are the people who made 2011 awesome.

1. God

Okay, this must be ranked first because He is the one who gives us life and like I said, He is the one who gives me wonderful ‘gifts’ every year. I can’t explain how much this ride has been. I drifted away from God many times but there are always people pulling me back to God. It’s like there’s no way for me to drift away. And I can’t explain how much I am thankful to be back on track. His love is the greatest of all. No love is greater than our Father’s. So yes, thank you Lord for saving me, once again.

2.Nigel Tan


You’re the one who has impacted my life greatly. The day you left me was all too soon and quick. I didn’t have a chance to actually thank you. So hey, thank you for giving me a very sweet one and a half year with you. You were the best thing of my life. Although things didn’t work out and I guess we’ll never be friends ever again, I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, for accepting me for who I am in those years. Thank you.

3. Family

There were many conflicts in my family. There were just too many problems to be counted. There were times I felt like giving up to communicate with them but I guess what keeps us together is love. I am thankful for having such a family. My family gives me warmth and the love I need. I am thankful for having a wonderful mother. I guess to me, she is the greatest woman on earth. She is someone so strong and independent. I am thankful for having my stepfather. He is a wonderful father that many ask for. He is someone who puts others before him, and I am grateful for that. I am thankful for having a very caring brother. Sometimes, he makes me feel that he is the older brother because he always keeps a lookout for me. I am thankful for having a very annoying sister. As annoying as she can be, she still has that little caring heart. I can’t explain how much I love my family. I can’t imagine what I’ll be without them.

4. B1L06


I am thankful for having the most awesome class in the Law Year 1 Cohort (Alright, you may beg to differ). My class is crazy and… really crazy. I can’t explain how much I love my class. It seems like everyone clicks so fast. Everyone is able to click with one another within a short period of time. We were just like a family. I remember how everyone cared for me during one of my darkest moments. I can’t explain how much I love my classmates. I am thankful for Karthik and Ruknesh splashing water on Charlene and I during Law Welcome because at that moment, I knew that these two would be a bunch of fun people. I am thankful for knowing Kenneth and Guo Hui. Those two will always drop by my house randomly and asking me to go down. The walk back home with them was unforgettable. I am thankful for knowing Deshawn. He’s the type of friend who not only expects me to listen to his rants, but to also rant to him. He’s the friend who I know will always be there for me. I am thankful for knowing Douglas. He is the one who always encourage me to study harder in some way because he is always giving me some further education opportunities talk. I am thankful for knowing Wee Kiat. I only got to interact with him recently because we are in the same Tort group. He is a really nice boy, always there and ready to help. I am thankful for knowing Jasmin. She is someone who is always ready to stand up for you when you are bullied. I am thankful for knowing Guo Jian, Trudy, Janney, Gauri and Zainarah. These people are really a fun bunch. I always look upon them as the ‘happy’ clique. We’ll never see them dead on any of the days. I am thankful for knowing Jastine, Rachael and Tracey. I didn’t have much opportunity to get close to them. But the small talks I had with them were just as memorable. And lastly, I’d really want to thank my ‘clique’ or rather, the people I usually hang out with.


I am thankful for knowing Wei Sian. That really tall boy was my first friend in my class. We got to know each other before poly even started. Our first meeting was at Youthreach. It was pretty awkward, but hey, we clicked! And from then, we both were really crazy. We tell each other problems and I am really thankful for knowing him. I still remember the nights we walked home together or even eat dinner together. Those were really memorable. The last meaningful talk I had with him was at Starbucks. All I want to say is that you have to continue putting that smile on your face and yes, do help to put smiles on others too! You’re a really good friend, someone who’s always there to listen and ready to help. But hey, you should give yourself a break too! Be the one to share your problems too (:

I am thankful for knowing Isha. That crazy girl is really crazy. I could still remember our very first conversation during Law Orientation. We were talking about Big Bang and maybe that’s why we got much closer than ever. She’s like my closest buddy I have! We’ll converse in languages like Chinese, English, Korean, Japanese and even Malay/Bahasa Indonesia. And she’s always there for me! I remember she even made me a card because I was feeling down. Where can you find such a sweet girl? (: I really love her a lot a lot a lot. Hey Isha, stay happy and crazy always! Kuching cinta Tikus :D


I am thankful for knowing Charlene. Our friendship has brought us overseas and back to Singapore. Yes, I admit we were not as close as last time. Sometimes, I really wonder why things are this way. But I am really grateful for knowing her. She’s always someone who is forever helpful. She always put others before herself (: Where can you ever find a lovely girl like her? So hey, always put a smile on your face because your smile is really beautiful. Stay happy always and may all the best be in your life [: Oh, do last long with Stanley :D


I am thankful for knowing Cherie. That crazy hyper girl always cares for the welfare of the class. She is always putting up a strong front for everyone to see although sometimes, I could feel that she is weak inside. Where else can you find a strong leader like her? She needs to put that smile on her face genuinely! But I really love her because without her around, all of us feel kind of dead ):


I am thankful for knowing Melvyn. Without him, I guess I would not be back right on track. Thank you for bringing me back to church. Thank you for always giving me talks about Christ and enlightening me when I am in doubt. Thank you for always being so patient with me when I pulled out at the last minute. And of course, thank you for being a friend who is always there when I need one.


I am thankful for knowing Chuanyin. That boy is famous for his lies. He loves to lie a lot and all of us really wonder why. But he’s also someone who puts others before himself. He always spares a thought for others and that’s something amazing about him. He’s the one who managed to pull me into taekwondo for some reasons. He is one funny kid!

I am thankful for my class. They are the best existence of my poly life. Sadly, we’ll have to part really soon when we go to Year Two. This class will be greatly missed.

5. 6 Inspiration♥

I really love my class. It seems like all of us are closer as we grow up. We were not so united when we started out as a class together. I think the outings are worth it. It may be really tough for me to plan outings, but I'm really happy that we have outings and they are willing to attend the outings. It's really inexplicable. We are now so close and forever disturbing one another. They are such good friends. Whenever I am sad or down, some of them will just ring me up to check if I was okay. Even people like Yong Liang, Zhi Lun and Jin Wei will just talk to me on facebook or MSN to check if I was okay. I am really grateful.

6. Tay Xi


My primary school best friend. She is always there for me. She is an optimistic and cheerful person. And I'm thankful for having her in my life. She's always doing her best to bring me back to Christ. And I'm really happy when she introduces me to others as a childhood best friend. I really love her a lot!

7. Siti


My talkative bestie. She's always so noisy and hyper. But I tend to worry for her a lot because she likes to keep things to herself even if she can't handle them. And she is always worried for me too. She is very naggy, making sure that I don't skip meals whenever I see her. I really love her a lot!

8. Nabilah


She is always that girl that every guy is dying to have for! She is becoming prettier and more gorgeous every single day! I am really happy to see a more confident her. She used to tell me she's ugly, fat, blah blah blah. And yes, she is now happily attached to a guy I've not met ): I AM REALLY HAPPY FOR HER. During the class gathering, she told me about something that is still in my mind. Don't ever lose faith just because people around you are this way, girl! And yes, thank you for hanging out with Kay Wee and I almost everyday before poly started (:

9. Jiong Yang & Kelvin


Both are really irritating boys. Jiong Yang is always the irritating one. He's forever disturbing me, even until now. And Kelvin is Jiong Yang's friend. He is another irritating one, but not so irritating. He gets only irritating when both of them team up against me. BLEAH. But yes, I am thankful for having such friends in my life. No matter how irritating they are, they are always there checking up on my life.

10. Vera & Jasmine

I am thankful for knowing both of them during CSC camp. Both are really great people to hang out with. They are the ones who hype up our spirits when all of us were dying of boredom during the camp. And they have taught me new things too. So, thank you (:

11. Rachel Leong

This crazy girl is really crazy. We've been partners in class since Secondary Three and she is really crazy. Because we are in different schools now, both of us do not really meet up so often. But when we meet up, both of us go crazy. And during my breakup period, she was there almost everyday. She'll just text me to ask me to stay strong even though she can't be there physically with me. I really really really love her (:

12. Jacey Wong

Super tall girl. We had many conflicts, but I must say that we had many fun times together too. I really hope that we will meet up soon because I honestly have many things to talk to her about. And I really hope she'll be a happier person in 2012. She's always emo-ing and emo-ing. I really wish her the best in life (:

13. Cherelle Kong


Another crazy girl. We're like always stuck together. From MAD09, to job hunting, to schools open houses. We ended up in the same school and even the same CCAs. WHY AM I ALWAYS STUCK WITH YOU? ): KIDDING! But yes, I love you as much as you love me♥

14. YR family


I'm glad to be part of this organization as a volunteer. I learnt many things from the staff and kids. I learnt about the lives of others. And such events always make me reflect on society and myself. Maybe things might be different from now on, but I am thankful for being a part of them. (:

15. Henry and Mdm Peerdous/Akip

Both are wonderful English tutors. Although they have different requirements and they taught differently, I love both of them for helping us this way. I love Akip for being so warm and patient with us. I am thankful for Henry being so strict and always willing to help even if it has nothing to do with English.

16. Kay Wee


I've thanked you enough through a video. Touched or not? ): But really, thank you for being such a wonderful friend. Thank you for being such an inspiration although it's rare x.x And yes, thank you for being so patient with me when I don't tell you things or when I am just that stubborn.

17. Stefano

Hi. Saya tak tahu kenapa saya mahu tulis ini, tapi saya ingin mengucapkan terima kasih. So, thank you for always talking to me and telling me about my second hometown. Oh yes, thank you for reading my blog sometimes. And I hope all will be well for you (:

18. Yam Junhong

Thank you for reading my blog during the O levels period because you thought that reading such blogs will help you to improve your English. Sad to say, you might fail your English because depending on my blog to improve your English is a big no no. And thank you for buying my Christmas presents from H&M although I didn't get you anything. Thank you!

19. And everyone else who is part of my life

Thank you thank you thank you for everyone else who is part of my life. I can't thank everyone enough. Be it strangers, friends, close friends, acquaintance or whatever, I am really thankful. So here's me wishing everyone a happy 2012! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment