Saturday, December 17, 2011

Light up my life

And yet again, I went back to City Harvest Church for Candlelight service. I always try my very best not to miss this special event because it is always very meaningful. The best part was that today's service was undoubtedly the best in my life.

We kicked off the service with Christmas songs and other songs that CHC usually sings in their services. And then, Pastor Kong started preaching about darkness in our lives. He wasn't talking about physical darkness. He was talking about spiritual darkness. He was mentioning about how spiritual darkness could actually lead us to depression, despair and disappointment. And of course, Christ would be the light.

He gave a really powerful speech and then, I was thinking about many things. I have been through disappointment, despair and even depression. And maybe right now, I am going through disappointment. But then, it made me realise that I have came out of some part of darkness by forgiving a certain someone. I no longer have hatred for that certain someone. And because of that, I feel extremely happy right now. I guess I am able to let go of the past and head towards my future with a smile.

I can't wait to shake off the disappointment darkness in my life. I guess I might take a long time to heal, but I'll just let nature take its course. Que sera, sera. Maybe time and events will heal those wounds [:

Anyway, we lighted our candles after the preaching!
















After service, Kay Wee and I had our dinner at KFC and then we headed to the Singapore Flyer again because Alvin had reconfirmed with us that our expiry date of the tickets have been extended to the end of December! The passage to the flyer was very different from the last time I went! It was filled with many kinds of weird Art!






















The flight wasn't very worth it because we went in the night. The lighting at night was pretty but we couldn't take any nice shots of the view with an iphone )'= After the flyer, we took more photos!









And I realised I look so fat. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment