
So, I was in charge of Christmas Eve. I had to plan the events for the whole day for the both of us. I was already expecting it to be a big failure. I am never good at planning special occasions. Maybe that's because I am always expecting myself to come up with something big but end up giving up when I see I was going nowhere. A surprise doesn't seem like a surprise. A special day doesn't seem like it's special. I've learnt that simplicity is always the best. And maybe because every single day of my life is special and that doesn't make Christmas eve any special.
In the late morning, I went to hunt for food in my kitchen because Kay Wee was hungry. I could find nothing except eggs and bread. The egg I fried was so burnt that it was not edible. My brother toasted the bread for a little too long that it was burnt too. I was only left with Faith's raisin bread that she gave last night and some treats. I packed them in a container and left for Kay Wee's house. I left that bag of food, santa hat and a letter somewhere near his apartment, and left for Daiso because I needed to buy more santa hats.
After getting two hats for $2, I went back to Tampines to pick Kay Wee up in my 'carriage led by horses' -.- Honestly, I didn't even have plans for the whole day. We went to Somerset for lunch. Thank God that my mum transferred money to me on time. We ate Toastbox for lunch and went to walk around because I have basically no plans. And it was also pouring that we couldn't go anywhere further. We eventually returned to 313 Somerset and ate ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery before making our way to City Harvest at Suntec City for Christmas service.
By the way, we dressed in checkered clothing together!
Christmas service was good. The drama wasn't up to my expectations because it wasn't that special. The meaning of Christmas wasn't really there. The drama seems to be more appropriate for kids. But City Harvest's drama crew never fails to entertain the audience. And yes, the 15 minutes preaching was good too.
After service, the both of us went for dinner at Yoshinoya @ Marina Square. And here comes the moment. Today was named 'A magical moment' because my plans was to watch the beautiful lighting around Esplanade and Marina Bay area. It totally failed because it wasn't fun and we couldn't find the Hollow Tree at the esplanade. Oh well, the fun part came when it started pouring.
Both of us had to share umbrella and walked by the river while we enjoyed the scenery. I must say that despite the rain, it was still a beautiful night. I don't really get to stay out late in such places of Singapore. And yes, Singapore is really beautiful at night.
And the journey back home was very tiring and exhausting.
So I am really sorry that Christmas eve didn't turn out well. But I am thankful for everything that happened today.



































No comments:
Post a Comment