Friday, December 23, 2011

24. Things I want to say to 5 different people

#Challenge 24- Things you want to say to 5 different people

This is a really difficult post because I thought of dedicating this post to people whom are not that close to me, or maybe those who didn't have much impact in my life. But then again, I can't think of who to write to. And so, I am writing this to whoever comes to my mind. If you were expecting your name to be here (but it isn't here), wait for my end of year post then. I am sure I'll write about you (:

1. Nigel Tan

The one who left me so quick and soon without warning. It feels like you're a passing storm that destroys every house in town and leaving the place devastated without clearing up the mess. I didn't have the opportunity to talk to you properly and so here I am, dedicating this short paragraph to you. I am thankful and grateful for you staying with me and giving the world to me for 1.5 years. I wish you all the best in life and may good things come into your life (:

2. Mr Sim

The caring teacher who has never given up on our class or anyone, in fact. And yes, he was my Secondary Three/Four teacher. He always expects the best in us in whatever we do. And I am really grateful for that because he has taught me not to give up, in some way. I am sure that he is the kind of man who always impacts others positively.

3. Mr Ong

And yet, another caring teacher whom I taught of. He was my Secondary One/Two Math and Science teacher. He is always there caring for my well-being and encouraging me to give my best although I am contented with my then current achievements. He is the kind of man that people will regard him as a friend instead of a teacher.

4. Mr Seow

This is getting funnier. The third teacher I am going to thank in this post. He was my Primary Five/Six form teacher. I can't explain how much I owe him. He is not only my teacher, but he is a dear friend to me. Besides imparting all the 'skills' I have to know, he taught me about life. I could still remember how he spent about two hours on MSN to ask me to come back to Christ. And when I was going through the difficult moments during the period when my grandma passed away, he was there consoling me. I am really thankful for that (:

5. G from Youthreach

Something unexpected happened at Youthreach today. Your words hurt me a lot. And I guess your words made Kay Wee feel sucky too. After reflecting on my own actions, I don't think either of us deserves any scolding from you. Firstly, I would like to say that the both of us attended the party as guests and not as volunteers. I don't expect any of us to attend the party just to set up the fire, cook for everyone and to interact with the youth. If that was what we are suppose to do, I would rather leave and attend some other parties. Secondly, we are not a couple. Yes, our actions may seem wrong to everyone and maybe that gives the impression of us being an item, but don't ever ASSUME. I am apologetic that we gave the impression but you have never communicated with us properly and I doubt you understand us that well. What gives you the right to judge? Even if you want to assume, I don't think you have the rights to imply that we are doing hanky panky stuff instead of interacting with the youth. If you think we are such people, I am utterly disappointed in your own character. Lastly, I am sure both of us know our requirements and what to expect of ourselves. We know the purpose of volunteering and you have no idea how much time we fork out just to help out at Youthreach that we didn't even have time to shop for Christmas gifts. I don't see why you have to scold us instead of talking to us nicely like how K did. If things don't get any better, I'll quit Youthreach, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment