Anyway, I would just like to talk about two highlights of this week.
1. Law Advocacy

Yes, yes. I have no idea why Isha and I signed up for this. We participated in this event because Cherie needed participants and before we know it, we could not quit this event when we regretted joining. We worked our asses off doing tons of research in the last minute. In case you have no idea what this is all about, Isha and I had to defend a doctor who was claimed to have molested a girl while she was under the effects of Anesthesia. So, we had to prepare scripts, research for evidence, debate with the prosecutors and prove to the judge that the burden of proof fall on the prosecution beyond a reasonable doubt. The worst is that we only managed to meet our client, Shekh, on the day itself. Tsk, it was all like a normal court hearing.
So, this was my very first unofficial court case.
I didn't want to win at all because everything tired us out. Moreover, Jessica and Darshan who were the prosecution, were very strong competitors. We all just felt like giving up. But, I must say that it was a fun experience. I had to deliver my speech and question the victim as a lawyer and thankfully, the teacher was a really nice judge. She pointed out our mistakes and tell us what we can improve on.
So, well... the verdict was passed. Sadly, Isha and I won the case. All I could do now is to pray that we won't be in the next round ):
2. Eunice's wedding
Eunice was my very first cell group leader in City Harvest Church. She has always given me the impression of her being so independent and busy that she didn't have time to date. She used to give me bible studies in 2006 and I remember that she always has to pick up phone calls during our sessions. Yes, she is that busy. And, she is very matured. She is so patient to wait for the right one before committing into a relationship. I really admire her for that. And ta-daa, she is married to Ryan today (:
So, Tay Xi came over to my house first and then my parents sent us over :D
In the car (:

Eunice's wedding was held in Holy Grace Presbyterian Church. It was our first time attending a church wedding and we have no idea that we had to give red packets -_- But well, I guess this has taught us something. I shall let the photos do the talking (:
Well, the ceremony was of course memorable and meaningful. We started with worships, songs, praise, prayers and other things we normally do in church before Eunice walked down the aisle. We even prayed for the couple. I am really happy that they are married. I wish for them to have an everlasting marriage♥
And oh, thank you Tay Xi Bestie for the photos! :D











No comments:
Post a Comment