Sunday, January 29, 2012

That long ago story

Yesterday was indeed magical.

When I was at the age of 9, my father brought me to his then girlfriend's house and that was where I met her 4 children, Eunice, Daryll, Benjamin and Cassandra. I still remember the feeling when I saw those unfamiliar faces, but they were the ones who welcomed us like we were part of their family. I immediately adapted to their environment and I must admit that I started to love going there. I grew closer to Ben, Daryll and Sand because we are of about the same age and from then on, we declared ourselves as step siblings even though my father and their mother were never married to each other.

Finally after about 4 to 5 years or so, I had lunch with Ben and Kay Wee at Astons. No doubt that everything was pretty awkward, but I could see Ben trying to make an effort to talk to us. It seems pretty funny because we were talking like we were meeting for the first time. We started talking about hobbies, our current issues and everything that we do not know of each other. But I like that feeling because it feels like everything is a anew again. It feels like we've refreshed that old page of ours.

And then, Ben brought us to City Harvest. It was the first time I've been there so early and I didn't know that we have to actually run in to get the good seats. His cell group members were very friendly, but I guess some were trying too hard to start conversations with us. And yes, I got to chat with Daryll and Cassandra too.

Service was good, I must say. It was the final 'lecture' of church introductory led by Pastor Kong. Although I didn't attend the first three sessions, the last session explains everything that I need to know. I guess from now on, I'll be going back to CHC every week.

I am honestly happy to hear from my 'step siblings'. I am happy to hear that they are doing very well. I hope that they will follow their dreams and may the best come into their life. I will always pray for them♥

No comments:

Post a Comment