Thursday, April 19, 2012

Experiencing the intangible.

Today was just so wonderful.

After our lunch at Pizza Hut, Kay Wee decided to bring me to the Titanic exhibition at MBS because I've been wanting to go there. During lunch, I've been thinking if a trip there would be worth it because seeing an exhibition like this for $20 seems expensive to me. Apart from the Titanic exhibition, we also bought tickets to the Andy Warhol exhibition for an extra $4 per pax. I found it a waste of money at first because people like me do not know how to appreciate art.

I really love the Titanic exhibition. I thought that it would not take very long to walk through rooms of artifacts, but that wasn't the case! The artifacts were really interesting because I got to know of many things that the movie 'Titanic' didn't show me. And something good about the exhibition is that it really makes me feel like I am on Titanic myself! Oh yes, I bumped into Janney too! (: One place I love the most is the Memorial Gallery, where they shared stories of survivors, stories of how some sacrificed their lives and showcased items retrieved from the ocean. I wouldn't say that there was much to reflect, but everything was an eye-opener for me, and I feel sad at times to know the plight of these people.

Sadly, we weren't allowed to take photos in the gallery. So here are some shots Kay Wee and I took after exploring the exhibition.



DO NOT! I SAY DO NOT! DO NOT LAUGH AT MY PIMPLE )'=


We were given boarding passes before we enter. At the back of the boarding passes were the particulars of real passengers and our jobs were to find out if these passengers survived the disaster.


I was given the boarding pass of Mrs Jacques Futrelle who boarded Titanic with her husband as first class passengers. I was already expecting her to come out alive because priority was given to first class passengers and women. True enough, she survived the disaster, but I later found out her husband died during the sinking ):


Kay Wee was given the boarding pass of Mr Thomas James Everett who boarded Titanic with his friend as third class passengers. Sadly, both of them didn't survive the disaster. D:




We then made our way to the Andy Warhol exhibition. I'm not one who can understand art and I found myself laughing at the weird drawings throughout the whole exhibition. But I must say his art is spectacular! My art is a far cry from his ):

After touring this exhibition, we walked around, went to get sushi and sat down outside the Art Science Museum as we wanted to catch the sunset. Sadly, we talked too much that we missed the sunset T_T







And we settled for Mac (again) at Changi Point as there wasn't much to eat. We ended the day at Festival Park. It's been long since we did things like this (:

No comments:

Post a Comment