Marriage is one of the biggest milestones in our lives. It is undeniably something which everyone wishes to go through with their chosen ones, and it is also something which everyone wishes that it will only happen once in a lifetime. And marriage has been the common childhood dream of almost every girl in this world.
How many of us have actually dreamed of marrying a prince charming in the future? *laughs*
I really wonder how I started writing this post because I am no love guru or genius in this aspect of life and neither have I gone through the marriage stage before, but I’ve been hearing the word ‘marriage’ almost everywhere I go and I thought of writing about something relating to this because I have just so much in my mind.
Being an almost 18 year old girl, I am still young for this major milestone and I have no rights to say much about it. But I have seen marriages failed and no doubt, they have changed my perspective of marriage.
In the past, love seems like a very passionate thing. People fall in love and immediately, they cannot live a day without their partners. And most of them got married at such a young age and some of the living examples have showed us how strong their marriage is. And right now? I don’t know. The divorce rate seems much higher than the marriage rate every year.
Until this day, I am still questioning myself if my parents ever loved each other before they got a divorce because it seems so easy for them to let go of everything and move on. And honestly, I don’t even dare to ask my mum how their love story started in the first place because I am afraid of facing the truth ):
The truth is I am afraid of marriages. Just as much as I would like to be married to someone I love dearly, I am afraid of how it will cause me to crumble. Many couples wish to get married to their partners, but how many of them managed to survive till then? And it is true that things change from the dating process to the marriage process, isn’t it?
I would really love to say that I wish to get married to the one I love. But I wouldn’t want to pin my hopes on anything yet because nature’s form of telling that love may not last forever is that a flower wilts too. After all, I am still young to think about all these stuff. Of course, I love my dear so terribly much that sometimes I wish that we could get married right away. It seems ridiculous but it’s so true. I wouldn’t know if he is the one because no one can predict the future and I wouldn’t die without him, but I would most probably survive the days without him with no purpose in life. So, no guarantees!
But on the other hand, marriage seems like it’s such a beautiful thing too.
No comments:
Post a Comment