Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Just a little more


Waves can be beautiful sometimes. If you sit silently on any beaches you have in your country, you will find the sound of the waves calming and peaceful. This beauty of nature instills serenity. And yet, their appearance can be so scary sometimes. When the waves come crashing, the movements seem so violent and sudden. I like spending time on the beach, be it with a friend or being alone. I love the quiet moments I have on the beach because the sound of the waves always make me feel so calm. It's funny to say that I actually learnt something important from the movements of the waves.

Waves come crashing to the shore, bringing much debris and rubbish collected from other shores, and then they retract, taking away whatever they can and leaving behind bits and pieces of items. They come as a surprise because no one knows what they will take from the sandy beaches and neither does anyone know what they will leave behind.

They remind me of how beautiful life can be. Sometimes, we are given ugly things, but beautiful things still remain around us. Sometimes, beautiful things are taken away from us, leaving the ugly things with us. But the ugly things will never stay with us forever. They are temporary. Life is always a process of give and take. I believe if we share beautiful things with others, we will get beautiful things in return. No doubt, we might have ugly things too. But then, what is life without challenges? If we bravely face our obstacles, beautiful things will definitely arrive!

That is what I constantly tell myself to stay strong. The past week had been so crazy. I had phone calls that drove me crazy. I had texts that drove me crazy. I had school work that drove me crazy. I had thoughts that drove me crazy. Today was also the first day that I skipped school because of a terrible headache - An outcome from my crazy world. I have to breathe in and out, relax for a little while, before running full on my fuel again.

♥

No comments:

Post a Comment