"I think I don't look good enough for him."
She started saying how fat and ugly she is, which is a huge lie. She said her boyfriend is always telling her about her flaws and never accepting her for how she looks like.
I became a little mad because one thing that I've always believed in is that we don't look good for anybody. We are who we are. We don't try to make ourselves look like someone we are not just to meet someone else's expectations. We don't pretend. We should look like someone who is proud of what we look like and who we are.
God's creation is beautiful. His creation involves everyone including you and me. No one is born ugly. No one is made ugly. Every human being is born beautiful. My definition of beautiful is not in terms of appearance. Being beautiful does not mean that we need to have nice straight hair, stay skinny like a bag of bones and have flawless skin. Being beautiful is not about the way we look, not the way we talk, but the way we are. We should accept how God created us. If God created us to look this way, then accept it.
And yes, just a little message to all the guys out there... Please do not ruin your girlfriend's self-esteem. Many girls are trying their best to look good to impress their boyfriends. Although I don't put effort into making myself look good, I will feel sad if Kay Wee runs me down this way. Be happy for your girl, for the way she is, for her great personality and for her inner and outer beauty.
My dear friend, you do not have to be a victim of needless suffering. Be happy with the way you are.
Here is a little quote for you:
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment