Sunday, July 10, 2011

Seeds of Yesterday

Before I start my hectic and crazy week, I must blog about the event 'Seeds of Yesterday' that took place yesterday. Melvyn and I went there to support Wei Sian because he is one of the organizers! :D

I was late for about 10 minutes in meeting Melvyn outside Umi Sushi. REALLY SORRY! Bought my favourite soft shell crab handroll and some sushi which I was planning to share with Melvyn. We quickly rushed to bus 291 terminal and waited for the bus.

Thank God the bus came really soon because we were really late.

We reached the venue and then we went to register ourselves before getting a drink, I was really really thirsty by then. The facilitators gave us our shirts and then we were told to go to the nearest coffeeshop to change.

LOOK HOW NICE OUR SHIRTS ARE (:

It reads 'Seeds of yesterday, flowers of tomorrow', I think.
I know I look damn fat but that's because the shirt size is S, too big for me -.-
We were made to wait for quite a long time and my enthusiasm and excitement died down. Finally, they gathered us and told us that we can start the Amazing Race, and I kept telling Melvyn, "WE MUST WIN HOR!" Our group leader is Karyn, and she's only 18!

I love the the way we start because it was exactly the way how the real 'The Amazing Race' goes. Karyn told us our first destination was the Sunplaza Park. That is really easy for me. All of us ran like crazy to the nearest bus stop and oh boy, I started panting like crazy after running for just a minute. Seriously, how long have I not run? We missed bus 293, and so we had to wait for bus 22 instead.

Bus 22 came and we quickly boarded the bus. THIS WAS SO EXCITING!
When we first touched down, we quickly ran for Sunplaza Park. This is no easy task because the weather was REALLYFREAKINGSUPERDAMNHOT! And hoho, we were the first team to arrive and then we were given a task.

Our task was to stand on the newspaper and then we must flip the newspaper to the other side with only our legs and without us leaving the newspaper. Both of us were shocked when they told us to get the maximum points, we'll just have to finish this task before the timing of 5 minutes.

I doubt anyone will finish this task more than 5 minutes o.o

Well well, both of us finished it in only 19 seconds! Our next clue was Central Park. We then ran to the nearest bus stop and took bus 293. You should see our really tired faces.
Well actually, we don't look that tired x.x

After getting off the bus, we arrived at the next destination after hunting for it for about 10 minutes or so. We were really disappointed when we were told that we were the second team to arrive T.T Well anyway, we were given another task which I'm not sure what the purpose was. It wasn't even fun and again, we finished it under the 5 minutes time given to us.

Our next clue was Tampines Park, which I have no idea where it is.

Karyn told us it was near Tampines Secondary School and even showed me the map. I was so happy because that park was really near Youthreach centre. However, when we reached there, there was no sight of any other facilitators.

The 3 of us studied the map really hard and we do not understand what did we do wrong.

Karyn decided to call her friends to seek help and they told her that it was another park. -.-

So the 3 of us quickly rushed there and we were told that we were the last group )= Our next task was to grab the apple from the bucket of water with our mouths. Melvyn and I tried our best to scoop out the apple, but both of us failed. It was only until then Karyn decided to help us, that we were able to move on to the next task.

Melvyn quietly whispered to me, "This shows that we don't have big mouths!" LOL.

Our next task was transporting some flour candy to another ball, which was really disgusting and I almost vomited after doing so. URGH, I hate that taste. Then, we were given our last clue which is Tampines North Park.

Sadly, we weren't able to go there because we ran out of time. In the end, we took the bus back to the starting point instead and waited for further instructions. It was a long wait again, but that gave us ample time to have enough rest after much running.

Anyway, this is Karyn!

They then gave us our last task, which was to figure a way out on how to throw down an egg from the 3rd floor without breaking it. Of course, we were given materials like newspapers, straw, tape, balloon and plastic bag.

At first, I thought that this was really impossible.

But we managed to come up with a good prototype with the great help from Melvyn! (:

And you know what, the Minister of Education came by and I shook hands with him! ^o^ Putting that aside, our egg didn't break! HEHEHEHEHEHEHE :3




We then went back and the whole event started. We were given KFC for our dinner. It was quite worth it because we only paid $3! :D



We were entertained with some performances before ending it with a lucky draw. The sad thing is that none of us won anything. == But at least we had fun! Walked back to interchange with Melvyn and I learnt many things from him yesterday.

I can now proudly say that I am a christian (:

No comments:

Post a Comment