
"We can do nothing well without joy, and a good conscience which is the ground of joy."
So here comes my really long post about the L.O.V.E Camp. 1, 2, 3, GO!
I was proud to wake up at 7am sharp because I thought I would oversleep. As usual, I slept really late on the night before the camp. And I was practically dragging myself out of bed to pack the remaining stuff I needed to pack. Like all my previous camps, I sat at a corner, dazing at nowhere and wondering if I should attend the camp.
But I think I have never pulled out of a camp at the last minute once I decided to go x.x
And at 7.40 am, I gave Kay Wee a wake up call. Sadly, his voice in the morning sound like the original Kay Wee. I thought it would sound like something else that I can tease him about. So well, I took the remaining time for showering, packing, singing Owl City's songs and saying goodbye to my rooms and house.
One of the worst things that happened in the morning was the rain. It kept pouring and pouring and for a moment, I thought of going back to lie on my bed to sleep. Thankfully, I managed to get that thought out of my head and left my house with my 'pregnant' bag.
So, I managed to meet up with Kay Wee at my void deck. And while we were walking halfway, he realised he forgot to bring the indemnity forms. *clap clap* He is really a smart boy! We had to walk and shiver in the rain and walked all the way to his house to get the forms.
We quickly made our way to Tampines Interchange after he got the forms, took the bus to the market opposite TP, and had breakfast with Wei Sian. Nothing beats having vegetarian bee hoon in the morning!
Okay, that's for me.
After breakfast, we made our way to SAA building, put down our bags and then the three of us were separated already. Kay Wee was a VL, so he went with the VLs. Wei Sian and I were helpers, but we were in different sections. He went to the food section, while I went to Admin section.
And that's where I got to know Bella (:
Admin section wasn't something fun at all, I am dead serious. I had to sit there and staple 14 booklets. I know 14 is a small amount, but the stapling was really really difficult. So you could imagine the time we took to staple just 14 booklets!
So after the sai kang (shit) work, the Main Comm, VLs and helpers gathered and we started with icebreakers. The icebreakers were really fun and I was happy that I could remember so many names!
After the icebreakers, we had our lunch at Business School canteen. I got my favourite fish and chips for lunch! And seeing the crowd amazed me because I didn't expect the canteen to be that packed during our holidays!
After lunch, we were separated again into different groups. Helpers would be in charge of game stations and we became station masters *screams* My station was Treasure Hunt. My job was to hide 20 ice cream sticks in Mensa. And that's where I got to know Jia En, a really nice girl! We talked about many other things (:
Then, the VLs came down to try out the games. Sadly, my game couldn't be tried out because there was lots of construction going on in the canteen. Both of us just sat there and rot to death.
After the games, we went back to Meeting Room 8 to continue with more stapling == Wei Sian was kind enough to lend a helping hand. Thank you. We had to continue with more games, which were categorized under the backup plans. I was in charge of the red packet games, which I didn't get to facilitate in the end because I was busy chatting with another helper, Jasmine, who apparently is in the same course as me.
Finally, dinner arrived! We had canadian pizza. WOOTS!
And after the VLs had their debrief, we went to take a shower. I was so happy because I brought my shampoo and soap from HK Disneyland. I'm sure I smelled like Mickey and Minnie! :D And the best thing was that you can bathe with hot water in TP! #LIKESHIOKONLY!
The night got Jasmine, Vera and I closer. And I am thankful for that, to know 2 other wonderful girls who will be sharing somewhat the same fate in this camp (:


And sleeping beside Cherelle in the Dance Studio was another good thing, because that's where all the gossips started.
That probably ended day one!♥
No comments:
Post a Comment