
"There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward."
-Khalil Gibran
The last day of camp was really something to be excited about because we can finally go home! And so, we started the morning with bee hoon for breakfast! I KNOW RIGHT? Bee hoon is like the best thing for breakfast. Although I don't eat breakfast, I'll go for breakfast if there's bee hoon!
Day 3 was probably the worst in the whole camp experience.
We were told to go to the Sports Complex to find Bella and to help her with the video. But because she didn't need us, we found ourselves lying on the floor talking about nonsensical stuff and even taking jumpshots to keep ourselves entertained. And then, we were sent to the tennis courts because they wanted us to be referees for their games. But when we got there, we got sent back to Sports Complex because they didn't need us there. And so, we continued lepak-ing.
And then, Shu Feng sent Wei Sian and I to snap some photos of them while they play captain ball. Apparently, they have already finished the game by the time we got there. So, it was kind of a failed thing for us. :/
Dragonboating was even worse for us. Everyone went dragonboating and we got really really bored that we had to go back up to Meeting Room 8 for entertainment. Lunch probably saved us from all this boredom (:
Then, we all had a small debrief about the game stations. My venue was changed to the SAA building's corridor because the cleaners had to wash Mensa. And Ta-daa! I was attached to Orange Garfields, once again. And I was already expecting who would be my helpers. And yes, it was Junhong and Joel once again.
I must say it was good to have them on my team because they have the brains to hide the ice cream sticks at really secluded parts. Although someone irritated me there like no tomorrow, I had a fun time with them.
And then, the children from Sunbeam place came along. As much as I want to be a befriender and talk to them, just by seeing their enthusiasm and the smiles on their faces brightened up my day. I was happy to see them running across the whole alley just to find the ice cream sticks.
But because of the heavy rain, we had to shift our games to Engineering School's Concourse.
Engineering Concourse wasn't a really good place for Treasure Hunt because we were given such a small place with little objects. Still, we managed to pass this ordeal and gave the children really good time. Some children were difficult to handle, but we managed to get them to continue the game with them walking away with smiles in the end.
After the games, I rushed to help out with the setting up of the BBQ. I was proud to say that I learnt how to start a fire. :D
And BBQ was another good experience because I served the campers food, and the Main Comm served us endless rounds of food. After BBQ, we went up for our final debrief and the ending speech by the Main Comm.
Althought I have many complaints about how sucky it is to be a helper, I must say that the camp taught me many many many things about life. It was a really good experience for me, just like all the camps I had in my life (:
HI!
ReplyDeleteHi!
ReplyDelete