Tuesday, October 25, 2011

RIP Stuart Walker

I'm sure that many of you have heard this news about two days ago. I have been wanting to blog about this because I have so much to say, but because I've been going out almost everyday and doing last minute preparation for my O levels, I didn't have time to blog about it.

And so, here it goes.


Gay barman Stuart Walker killed and set on fire



This young man, who was only 28 years old, was beaten, set on fire and left to die while he was tied onto a lamppost in Scotland on 23rd October. Apparently, detectives are suspecting that he was murdered in such a cruel way because he is gay. YES, HE IS GAY. And because of that, he has to go through such torture and this is, in my opinion, the most brutal murder I have ever known in my life.

First of all, I should clarify this really clearly that I am not against homosexuals or bisexuals. If you are a lesbian or a gay, then so be it. I mean, so what if there are homosexuals in this society? They may be different from others out there, in the sense that they are only interested in the same gender. But then, what is the big deal??!! Other than that, I'm sure they are pretty the same as us because they live, breathe, work and play like all other humans out there. And, I really salute them for being able to admit to the whole world about their sexuality. That must be a really tough thing to do, right? That actually beats almost everyone out there because some people don't even have the courage to do really simple things.

I really don't see the difference between homosexuals and heterosexuals! You know what is the distinct similarity I see between these two sexuality? Both are in LOVE. Hello, it's LOVE. Love has no boundaries. Love isn't comprehensible. Love can't be avoided if you don't want to fall in love. It is that great to happen anytime, anyone and everywhere.

It is not like we were given a choice on what gender we want to be, right? We were never given a chance to choose if we want to be a female or a male. We were never given a chance to choose who to be our parents. We were never given a chance to choose where and when we want to be born. And love doesn't exactly give us an opportunity to choose on who we want to love. If a man loves a woman, so be it. If a woman loves a woman, so be it. If a man loves a man, so be it.

So, what is wrong with Stuart Walker being gay?

Look at these celebrity couples who are homosexuals!


Ellen Degeneres and Portia de Rossi

Ellen has always been my favourite comedian, and I can't explain how much I love her! She has been married to Portia from 2008 and they are still together! If you see their photos, you'll find them being an extremely cute couple.

And you should look at these two videos.



"And people are gonna be who they're gonna be, and we need to learn to love them for who they are, and let them love who they want to love"

-Ellen Degeneres


Elton John and David Furnish

Both have been together since 1993 and they are still lovingly together until now.

So what is the big deal of being a homosexual? I have no idea what the society has become into that Stuart Walker, a man who is claimed to be "putting smiles on everyone's faces" is being murdered for just being gay. I say, we all should accept and love those who are homosexuals because everyone is EQUAL.

I don't care if you're a bisexual, homosexual or heterosexual. We all should just lead our own lives, stop poking into the affairs of others and let others lead their own too.

Please, RIP Stuart Walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment