Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Simplicity is beautiful

Today was very wrong because Kay Wee and I still seem to be in our holiday mood. Everyone has officially started school on Monday and are probably mugging now, while Kay Wee and I will only start school officially on Thursday because...

  • We couldn't go to school on Monday due to O levels
  • We have no school today because tutorials start next week
  • Deepavali is tomorrow
As usual, I was still sleeping at 11 plus am and I had to drag myself out of bed just to open the door for Kay Wee because I ignored his calls and texts and as a result, he was constantly spamming my doorbell -.- I let him in, washed up, washed clothes and then took a shower. We were dilly dallying out time away, thinking on where to go and what to eat. After checking the weather forecast, we decided to visit Pulau Ubin. Oh, and we had instant noodles for lunch.

We took bus 29 to Changi Village and then to Changi Ferry Point Terminal! The wait there was extremely long because the boat is only allowed to leave if there is a minimum of 12 passengers. We spent our time eating, drinking and snapping shots!










And finally, there were 12 passengers and we were allowed to go onboard!



And we finally reached Pulau Ubin♥




It was drizzling but we still went ahead with renting a bike because it'll be a waste of money for us to return right? HAHA! After we rented the bikes, it stopped drizzling! Holy!

Had to keep checking the map to know the trail

And we went cycling!

We passed by this beautiful "quarry" and so we had to start taking photos. If you are wondering why this quarry is filled with so much water instead of it being empty, Kay Wee said it was the rainwater. But whatever it is, it was beautiful.




We continued cycling after we took photos! While cycling, I came across this sign and I thought it was warning us that there were snakes nearby ~.~ Can someone tell me what does this sign mean? ):




Finally, a rest!





Can someone please inform Kay Wee how handsome he look in this photo? He doesn't want to put this as his display picture. And he's only handsome because I took this photo :D

And here he is, using my handbag as a haversack because it was extremely heavy and troublesome for him to carry it around. But after awhile, he returned to the normal way of carrying my handbag. *laughs*


We stopped by the beach and took a short rest.

I started drawing a rectangle on the sand because I wanted to play 'One leg', a beach game my father once taught me. The game totally failed because Kay Wee lost. Bleah.

And I can't help but to laugh at this picture because he looks like some aladdin character. HAHA!

I WILL GROW LIKE THE TREE!





So, Kay Wee gave me this little rock, one that he picked from the beach. And I don't understand why he kept calling this a 'pebble' when it is clearly not. It is a small piece of granite rock! :/


Because I was feeling hungry, we decided to head back to the shops and eat!






Hor Fun for lunch part 2
Hi, he's serving me





Seeing that it was almost 5.30pm, we decided to return our bikes and head to the beach because we wanted to see the sunset. We went to sensory trail first and before we even go through it halfway, we left quickly because we were practically feeding ourselves to the mosquitoes. -.- We bought potato chips, ointment and 100 plus before heading to the beach which is located at the far end of the island. It was about 3km away. Walking that far was no joke okay? ):

The walk there was quite peculiar because I kept receiving texts from Starhub saying that I was in Malaysia. Now I know how to get to Malaysia without having to pass through the checkpoints :3 The walk to the beach was quite creepy because there was no one in sight and the sky was getting darker. We walked for about half an hour to reach our destination.

But I must say that it was all worth it because I got to see the sunset. So, thank you Kay Wee for dragging me there although the walk was extremely exhausting.










The walk back was quicker than I expected and I was crossing my fingers and praying that it won't rain. I also kept checking my phone to see if I was out of Malaysia. LOL. Thank God there was a boat waiting for us once we reached the jetty.

Kay Wee was so hungry that he had his dinner at Changi Village and probably was going to have his second round of dinner at home. The journey back by bus was enjoyable because I got to rest, see Kay Wee dozed off and see darkness out of the window.







Overall, it was a great day. I can't stop thinking about the people there. Their lives are so simple, and I really want that too. The best part is that they welcome all visitors with such great hospitality. I can't thank them enough just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment