
"Sometimes the world you create on the page seems more friendly and alive than the world you actually live in."
A quote I got from Inkheart.
To begin with, welcome back Tan Kay Wee! How's my second country? :D
Today didn't start off well but it at least ended well with this little quote in my mind after I caught Inkheart on Channel 5. I was even joking with my family about playing the movie on our DVD player the same time as Channel 5 so that we'll be free from the commercial breaks. :3
And because a friend of mine talked to me on MSN about my love life which I really have nothing to update about, I started to wonder.
We are not able to choose when we're created, who our parents are, where will we be born to, who will be our siblings, etc. Although we control our lives, we weren't the ones who started our stories. Who knows? Maybe we can't even write our endings for ourselves. Maybe everything is already predestined. God created us and maybe He might be the one who also ends our stories.
If given a chance, I would really like to look at my ending. I would like to flip to the last page of my book and read the ending over and over again. But to come to think of it, I think living in denial is the best option for us to live our lives better. After all, ignorance is bliss :D
And this reminds me of a song by He is We. I came to know about He is We when Owl City a.k.a Adam Young first showed a preview of the song he collaborated with them. And then, I started falling in love with their every other songs (:
Let me riddle you a ditty, it's just an itty bitty, little thing on my mind.
About a boy and a girl, trying to take on the world one kiss at a time.
Now the funny thing about, ain't a story without it, but the story is mine.
And I wish you could say, that it ended just fine.
We all want to know, how it ends.
Oh, happily ever after, wouldn't you know, wouldn't you know.
Oh, skip to the ending, who'd like to know, I'd like to know.
Author of the moment, can you tell me, do I end up, do I end up happy?
Inhale, breathe steady, exhale, like you're ready, if you're ready or not.
Just a boy and a girl gonna to take on the world, and we want to get caught.
In the middle of a very happy ending, let's see what we've got, let's give it a shot.
Let's give it a shot.
We all want to know, how it ends.
Oh, happily ever after, wouldn't you know, wouldn't you know.
Oh, skip to the ending, who'd like to know, I'd like to know.
Author of the moment, can you tell me, do I end up, do I end up happy?
We all have a story to tell.
Whether we whisper or yell.
We all have a story, of adolescence and all it's glory.
We all have a story to tell.
Oh, happily ever after, wouldn't you know, wouldn't you know.
Oh, skip to the ending, who'd like to know, I'd like to know.
Author of the moment, can you tell me, do I end up, do I end up happy?
We all have a story to tell.
We all have a story to tell.
We all have a story to tell.
We all have a story to tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment