
My mum and I left the clinic, both in tears. She couldn’t stop blaming herself for the state I was in in 2009. And I could only helplessly watch her cry because I knew that my words are not able to calm her down. But still, she could see that I was feeling uncomfortable and helpless as well, and that stopped her crying further. She would then try to talk to me about other topics.
That was in 2009. The reason why I hadn’t visited the clinic again because I knew history will repeat itself. I don’t want other patients to stare at me like I was an alien to them. I didn’t want the doctor to give hurtful remarks when I feel that their job is to only treat patients. I didn’t want to go for any more painful treatments. I didn’t want to see my mother hurt again. I really hate this place.
As much as I tried to avoid this place, my mum brought me back to the clinic today. We took a cab there because it’s been a long time since we went back. We forgot which bus to get there. The journey was extremely long and painful, literally. All those painful memories returned and I couldn’t help but to secretly cry in the cab.
Once we reached the clinic, almost everyone was staring at me again. I was the youngest, and I was the only girl there. All the men were really old. The youngest man I saw was about in his thirties. The wait for my consultation felt like a year. I kept playing with my fingers because I was afraid of many things. Surprisingly, my mum just held my hands and told me to not be afraid.
Finally, they called number 28 and I went into the consultation room with my mum. The doctor was a Caucasian lady. And again, it was my first time having such a doctor. The only difference is that Doctor Allison Ward was a very nice and understanding lady.
But, history was repeating itself again.
I had a new enemy in my body. My mum and I ended up in tears and she started blaming herself once again. All I could do was to watch Dr. Ward assuring my mum that I'll be fine. I am, honestly, as worried as my mum. I don't mind going for many painful treatments just to cure myself because I don't want to see my mum being sad.
As much as I tried to not keep that worried look on my face, my mum knew that I was feeling really sad. Instead of worrying like me, my mum was the one who put up a brave front and cheered me up.
I took a longer time to cheer myself up and face the world again. I am really broken inside and maybe, even on the outside. But after thinking about many things, I thought that the visit wasn't that bad. At least I knew the cause, and I got to understand my mother's love for me. I decided to look at my life positively, no matter what the medical report will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment