Thursday, November 17, 2011

10. My views on drugs and alcohol

#Challenge10- Your views on drugs and alcohol

So uhm... It's always said that drugs and alcohol go together as a pair. Without either one of it as a complement, you won't feel the 'kick'. I'm not going to google all the bad and side effects of consuming drugs or alcohol. I'd just keep this simple and short.

I'll just leave drugs out of this paragraph first because they are not so popular in Singapore, I guess. When I was younger, the days when I looked and acted like an 'ah lian', I drank a lot. I was in love with alcohol. Because of my age, I had to get older friends to get my drinks for me. I started off with beer and then I move on to other drinks like Breezer and Vodka. I really drank a lot. I would just drink as much as I can until I get wasted. Although I loved drinking, I had never experiment on stronger drinks before.

Why do I love drinking so much? That was because I believed that drinking can help me drown all my sorrows. It is true, actually. Drinking helps me to forget everything and I felt much happier and burden-free. The after effects were nothing to me. Having a hangover, terrible headaches and continuous vomiting is just my normal routine.

But one day, as I reflected back on my life, I think drinking is really a waste of time. Besides all the side effects I might be getting, I had wasted that period on drinking rather than doing something meaningful. I lost precious time on continuing my life's purposes and achieving my goals. I realised that drinking stopped me from living my life properly. I was totally crushed. Oh well... It took me quite a long time to stand up on my feet again.

If you think alcohol can help you to forget everything, think again. I believe the time spent on drinking can be used to work on all the problems left unsolved.

And for drugs? It's the same as consuming alcohol. The only difference is that it will kill you faster than alcohol.

It is true that alcohol and drugs were and are factors of causing murder, rape, etc. So, I feel that if there is ever a chance to take alcohol or drugs, don't do it. I guess everyone can drink alcohol once in a while, maybe during parties or happy occasions. Otherwise, never ever consume alcohol. And yes, never ever in your whole life, touch drugs.

They will just do this to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment