#Challenge 11- Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is

I am obviously not in any relationship now and neither am I dating anyone. In short, I am single.
Life now, compared to the life I had when I was attached, is as good as before. I won't say that there is actually a difference with my happiness level. I am honestly as happy as before, and I am actually loving my life now.
But yes, I do feel lonely sometimes.
I don't get lovely morning and good night messages now. I mean, I do get these messages and they are sweet, but not sweet to that extent. I don't get hugs and kisses anymore. Never. I don't have someone who holds my hand because he wants to. I don't have someone who will ring me up immediately to check if I am okay when I am down. And, I can only envy other couples when I see them on the streets.
But still, I have this friend accompanied with a little sprinkle of extras.
He always spams my phone to make sure I eat my meals. He always lends me money when I am super broke. He warms my hands when they are freezing. He lent me his jacket (once) when I forgot to bring mine. He waits for me after school. He normally makes sure I sleep before him (That is pretty irritating) He pinches my nose, pokes my fats, pinches my cheeks, messes up my hair and always laugh at me for whatever reasons.
My message to everyone here is that there are wonderful people like these on earth. To all the singles out there, having friends is as good as being attached. Never ever rush into a relationship just because you feel lonely. Enjoy life now as much as you can, before you fall deep into the 'love trap'.
Always remind yourself of this quote when you feel lonely.
But yes, if given an opportunity, I'd like to be in a relationship again. It just takes time and patience. If you know me well enough, I fight hard for love. I don't wait for my crush to tell me he likes me. I take the first move, I initiate a further step. However, I lost all hope in that because I don't think I deserve anyone in my state now. So even if I like anyone, I'd just keep quiet and wait.
Still, single life is awesome because I have no one to 'control' my life, I have no commitments, etc.

No comments:
Post a Comment