Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Goodbye October, hello November


Time flies. It's already November.

School is awesomely good today. Despite having no lessons from 9am to 4pm today, I went to school with Isha in the afternoon to print some materials that we need. That was why we had to skip a mini clique lunch at Tampines Mall just now.

Our very first 4pm Legal Communication Skills 2 tutorial commenced today. Our teacher, Miss Joyce Low, probably gave us a very bad impression because she was so late, and all of us had to sit and wait outside the classroom. And honestly, I didn't really like the way she handles things. I even whispered to Isha that I didn't like her at all.

Once again, we had to be separated into groups and I was really crossing my fingers and hoping that I won't be grouped with *ahem* again. The way of grouping us was really typical of Temasek Polytechnic's teachers. I think, that is what I call 'Temasek Polytechnic's culture'.

My group wasn't so bad. I was grouped with Tracey, Jasmine and Trudy.

We had a mini session of discussion. I wouldn't say the lesson was proper because we didn't follow our tutorial worksheet. We were just discussing about what we would be expecting over this semester. And to make it more interesting, Miss Joyce Low instructed each group to come up with a question each so that we can know her better, and we'll be dismissed.

The session was really interesting. I guess my class ended up asking more than what we were expected to ask. The funny thing is that although all of us were dying to be dismissed, everyone was enjoying this little Q&A session. It turned out a little bad in the ending because of some really rude comments. But knowing my classmate's character, I know what he was thinking. I guess he is forgiven (:

But what really inspired me today was Miss Low's story. She told us her story of how she became a lawyer, what sort of happened in her life, and how she ended up as a teacher in Temasek Polytechnic. We don't get such stories from our tutors, do we? (:

And I'm here, thinking about my future. Hmmm.

Anyway, the evening didn't turn out so well in school and at home. But I must say, November will be a very good and challenging month!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment