Monday, May 14, 2012

Sabbatical fast

My Sabbatical fast starts now.

It's the first time I am fasting for a religious purpose. The last time I fasted was last year because I accompanied Isha for her Ramadan fasting (if I am not wrong). To be precise, I went on a food fast. I didn't eat until night, but I depended on water. And yes, there was no purpose for my fasting last year.

This year, we've been challenged/given a task to fast for 30 days. During these 30 days, we can fast in any way we want, pray for at least 30 minutes a day and to finish reading the Book of Acts within this time period. I have decided to abstain from watching television and playing mobile and computer games because these have been a distraction for me. They distracted me from spending time with God. Adding on, I will go on a normal fast on the last week of the month.

It is a great challenge for me, but it is also a period for me to connect closely to God and to also grow spiritually. So here, I pray that all things will go well. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment