Friday, June 15, 2012

Dear John

I finally got to watch Dear John properly after my MST were over. I had the DVD for over a year and I had only watched it twice (including this time). I remembered me being bored to tears when I watched it for the first time. I found the show boring and I don't see how the show is "special". I can't even remember the details of the movie because it wasn't so memorable. But after watching it twice, I guess I am in love with the story.


Dear John is a novel written by my all-time favourite writer, Nicholas Sparks. I remembered Yralle telling me that the book is much better than the movie. I don't know what is the difference between the book and the movie but I shall pick up this book in the bookstores if I happened to find it. This story reminded me of The Last Song, another novel written by Nicholas Sparks, which also became a movie and urgh... Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth. Oh, it doesn't matter. Anyway, the story is not only about a summer long distance relationship between a boy and a girl but it is also about friends and family.

It is amazing if such love stories still exist. It is not as tragic as The Notebook but I think they'll be one of the sweetest couples Nicholas Sparks had ever created. And wow... I learnt many things from this movie alone because I can apply it to my current situation now. Uhm no... Not about the relationship part.

But hey, I recommend everyone to catch this old movie! (=

No comments:

Post a Comment