Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It's been a year!

I can't believe it's already a year. Another reason why I don't really value Valentine's Day because the following day is our anniversary! Our very first year anniversary. I told Kay Wee to let me plan that day because after a year with him, I realised he has no talent for planning events. HAHAHA! Well, can't blame him because he has no life.

I met that no life and brought him to Serangoon Gardens for his favourite chicken rice. Lunch was very annoying because there was a bee buzzing around us. Greedy no life was so hungry that he ordered a plate of chicken chop and pasta after eating a plate of chicken rice. After lunch, we took the train down to Bras Basah and I brought him to Fort Canning Park!






Fort Canning Park is really beautiful. We walked throughout the entire park and we went to the National Museum of Singapore to visit some galleries! Thankfully, students get free admission to every gallery!


We didn't take any photo in the gallery because... well, I have no idea why too. Anyway, two galleries were featured that day. The first gallery, Singapore History, was fantastic. It is currently one of my favourite galleries! We were given an electronic device to aid us in understanding the artifacts in the gallery. No life had lots of fun playing with his new gadget. The gallery was so huge that we didn't have the time to tour the entire place.

The next gallery we went to was A Life of Practice - Kuo Pao Kun. It was another interesting gallery although I don't know who Kuo Pao Kun was before entering the gallery. We went to another gallery called Being Together: Family & Portraits. This is indeed the coolest gallery I've ever been to. If I am not wrong, the photographer is John Clang and he used webcam and his photography to create a completed family picture for families who are living apart in different parts of the world. We visited the permanent living galleries as well because it started pouring and we had to stay in the museum because we had no umbrella. We eventually decided to run in the rain to the nearest bus stop because the wait was killing me )'=

We took the bus to Dhoby Ghaut for some snacks and made our way to MBS because I wanted to bring him to River Hongbao, an event that occurs every Chinese New Year period. Hunting for dinner was really difficult because everything there was super expensive. We settled down for Kraze Burger and we immediately regretted having that for dinner after realising the amount of food they are selling at River Hongbao.

This is really cool. Visitors get to toss a coin at the respective bells and they will be 'blessed' with whatever they hit. No life and I tried and we didn't get to hit any of them ):


There are also puppets dancing to Gangnam Style!






Yesssss... That concluded our day!


Thank you for making my year memorable. Thank you for showering me with so much love and care. Thank you for loving who I am and thank you for letting me love you. Thank you for all the good and bad times we shared. I love you so so so much. Happy one year, my love! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment