Thursday, May 9, 2013

This is how fragile your life is

My mum just told me about her friend, who is only in her late thirties and is diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I think everyone knows that cancer is difficult to defeat and stage 4 cancer has a really low survival rate. It's not impossible, but the truth is, many people don't survive.

I foresee myself as a mother of two lovely kids, married to a wonderful husband, and perhaps having a good life at the age of thirty or maybe in my late thirties. Well, I hope that's possible. Imagine in the midst of having such a wonderful life and a terrible disease comes in the way and 'POOF!', your life ends there. Nothing much said. Nothing explained. The news just comes right at your face and before you know it, you'll find yourself planning how to spend the last few days of your life.

It's really sad how life is so fragile. Come to think of it, time really flies. I can't believe I am already living close to 19 years of my life. Does it feel like I am living on this planet for 19 years? No. Honestly, I don't feel that way. Sometimes, I think time is a cheater. Well, let's say the average life expectancy of a female Singaporean is about 70, which means I've already lived about 1/3 of my life. Have I accomplished much? Sadly, my answer is no again.

We just can't get enough but let's face it...



I don't know what I am trying to drive at, but as cliche as it may sound, cherish the little things around you and enjoy life. We may not be fortunate as others to live as long as them, but at least we can leave the world with a happy and peaceful mind. At least we were able to taste the sweetness of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment